The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and is being used by our school to address any underlying inequalities between those children eligible by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it most.
Children who are eligible for Pupil Premium funding are those who:
1. Are entitled to Free School Meals and/or
2. Are Looked After Children and/or
3. Children of active Military Service Personnel.
Batchley First Schools Pupil Premium vision and objectives
• The Pupil Premium provides additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise standards of achievement and attainment for these pupils.
• The Pupil Premium funding is used to narrow the difference between the achievement of these pupils and the rest of their class.
• The school also uses the additional pupil premium funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others.
At Batchley First School we ensure that all teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils. Therefore, the following provision is considered for pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium:
Quality First teaching:
Experiences and learning opportunities:
· We feel that it is important to provide our children with a range of learning opportunities and experiences. This may be provided via external agencies or visits.
Tools for learning:
· Where appropriate we acquire effective materials aimed at raising standards particularly in phonics and reading.
The Head teacher and governing body have agreed a policy for Pupil Premium to guide the use of funds and to ensure that it represents value for money.
The Head teacher and leadership team regularly and rigorously monitor, evaluate and review the strategies we have put into place for Pupil Premium and report to the Governing Body on its progress and impact